Sunday, July 6, 2008

I am a proud Mother :)

On July 7th in 2003 my daughter, Pritika was born. Was I happy or what when I first held her when she was just a few minutes old. The feeling of holding a whole new life in your hand is an unparalleled feeling I must say.

Okay I am sure some of them are now confused considering I am single and was never married .. But yes I still am a Mother... a proud Mother of Pritika Uchil, my niece, who turns 5 year old tomorrow.

I am missing her a lot. I wish I was in India celebrating her birthday with my folks. But since that is not possible I thought why not I write something about our relationship just to make the occasion special.

I havn't experienced child birth but I am sure motherhood is an exhilarating feeling. Pritika and I share a very special bond. Even today when I call her, the sheer excitement in her voice when she knows I have called makes me feel very content. I know, there is someone who truly loves me selflessly. Ofcourse my family loves me. But Pritika.. yea she is different for me :)

I am concerned for her. For the past 3 years the girl seem to be troubled with a,b,c,d's and numbers 1-10. After watching Taare Zameen Par, my mother and I exchanged stares coz we both thought for an instance that Pritika is suffering from dyslexia :O But she is not ..Period :)

She is a very sharp kid. She loves colors. Shapes and Fashion. Oh yea... Fashion :D

She has her monthly flavors. Current is Lara Dutta I suppose and the last one was Aishwrya Rai.

Pritika has always been more fond of me than her mother * laughs devilishly* I take pride in saying this. But her father wins hands down against anyone when it comes to her attention .. * Grrrr ... Im frowning *

I have loved the feeling of staying awake all night just to put her to sleep. Crying each time she fell and hurt herself. Feel proud when she colors everything except the animal in her drawing book which should be painted, I like when she says..' Maasi, this tshirt is not looking nice...
Absolutely love it when she says,'Maasi, you are hot' :D

Im her role model, mom tells me... and I think this brings onto me a lot of responsibility.

A responsibility of making her a responsible citizen of the society.
And a bigger responsibility of letting her be Her ...

I have a feeling the post further on will get tad bit emotional and too personal.. Something I wouldnt like to share.


This post is incomplete without this...

Many, Many Happy Returns of the Day Baby Love... May all your dreams come true ... !!!

--Peace
eL


5 comments:

Sanju said...

Happy birthday Pritika ,, :)

Nice one ammu ..:)

Unknown said...

m sure u will sweetie!
:)

EmotionalLogic said...

Glad you liked it macch :)

Nidhi said...

Happy Birthday Pritika :)

The lil angel is lucky to have you in her life and you are luckier to have her in yours :)

Wish you and her all the happiness in the worls :)

Unknown said...

belated bday pritika
..
I know how it feels .
i have few cousins ,, Who make me feel I am OlD>.....
..
And its getter Even worse (or better) when ur 5 year old cousin calls u "MAMA Ji.."..
..
The only fear i have is , i dont become a bad role model .. cosidering i dont lots of good things to teach them :D
..
..
Hey amu Awesome .. brought some memories back ....